NORTH AMERICA (USA & CANADA) CONSUMER WARRANTY INFORMATION
Please read carefully!
- The following limited warranty applies to purchases made within North America (USA and Canada).
- Warranty claims for purchases made outside of North America (USA and Canada) must be directed to the retailer, dealer or distributor of purchase.
- If a product was purchased in North America (USA and Canada), but the claim is being made from a location outside of North America (USA and Canada), the claimant is responsible for all shipping charges (both outbound and inbound charges). See Section 3D (FREIGHT) for details.
Section 1: WARRANTY
To qualify for any GCI Outdoor (GCI) warranty, products must be registered in the GCI product owners’ database. Click here to register a product and complete the online product registration form within one month of purchase.
The GCI limited warranty applies to GCI Outdoor/GCI Waterside (GCI) branded products only. GCI products are warranted against defects in material and workmanship for the following durations with registration of the product:
GCI Outdoor: Limited Lifetime Warranty
GCI Waterside: One Year Limited Warranty
GCI products are solely intended for personal and recreational use by one person at a time, unless otherwise specified, at or below the recommended weight capacity rating. Anyone with physical limitations or concerns about any existing health conditions should check with a health care provider prior to using any recreational products.
The GCI limited warranty is in lieu of all other expressed warranties, obligations or liabilities. The duration of any warranty is implied by state law, including, but not limited to the implied warranty period, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, to one year from the date of original purchase. Some states and countries do not allow limitations on length of implied warranties, so above limitation may not apply to all consumers. This gives the consumer specific legal rights, depending on state or country of residence.
The GCI limited warranty DOES NOT cover the following:
- Normal wear & tear during the life of a product
- Natural breakdown of colors and materials during the life of a product, including rust
- Improper care including, but not limited to, abuse, rips, burns, alterations, disassembly and/or moisture damage
Section 2: RETURNING DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS
- Defective merchandise requires a Return Authorization (RA), provided by GCI. RA’s can be obtained by calling 860.345.9595 ext. 724 (or press 1) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Defective shipments must have the provided RA information marked clearly on the outside of the shipment.
- A replacement, repair or refund (at GCI discretion) may be obtained by returning the defective product to GCI with accompanying letter of explanation and proof of purchase.
- Ship defective products to GCI, Attn: Returns, 457 Killingworth Rd., Higganum, CT 06441
Section 3: FREIGHT
- Any product returned to GCI for any reason must be shipped using pre-paid and trackable freight.
- Repaired or replacement products will be shipped by GCI using ground delivery service at GCI’s cost.
- If expedited return is requested, customer is responsible for the cost difference of GCI-preferred ground delivery service and requested expedited service (e.g., UPS Next Day Air®, UPS 2nd Day Air®, UPS 3-Day Select®, etc.).
- If US-purchased product is being returned from an international or US territory location, the product must be shipped using pre-paid and trackable freight along with a pre-paid return-service shipping label. If a pre-paid return-service shipping label is not available, please provide the following information in your claim letter:
- A valid VISA® or MasterCard® credit card number
- Credit card expiration date
- Name as it appears on credit card
Section 4: INDEMNIFICATION
- All published retail pricing is quoted in US dollars and valid and effective only in the US.
- Every effort is made to display accurate product depictions and colors on GCI printed materials and web sites. As printing press ink processing and computer display monitors vary, so will actual product colors.
- Consumers and dealers agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys fees, arising from or related to use of any GCI product or website.