Effective Date: February 22, 2021
Last Updated: February 22, 2021
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices of GCI Outdoor, Inc. (“GCI Outdoor”) with respect to information collected by GCI Outdoor when you use our services and this website which is owned and managed by GCI Outdoor. It will notify you of the following:
- What personal information is collected from you through the website, how such information is used and with whom it may be shared.
- The choices available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can submit requests to correct any inaccuracies in, and, if you are a California Resident, access and delete your personal information.
This privacy notice applies to all our customers, except where expressly specified in this privacy notice as applicable to California Residents (as defined below). Where expressly specified, certain notices and rights granted hereunder pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) are applicable to you only if you are a natural person who is a California resident, as defined in Section 17014 of Title 18 of the California Code of Regulations, as that section read on September 1, 2017 (“California Resident”), and in such instances, terms used herein will have the same meaning ascribed to them in the CCPA.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you, your household or your device (“personal information”). The categories of personal information collected by us from our consumers within the last twelve (12) months are set out in Exhibit A attached to this privacy notice.
We collect information from you when you use this website. We also collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. As set out in detail in Exhibit A attached to this privacy notice, we obtain the categories of personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete for web-orders and warranty registration.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from cookies through your use of our website.
- From third party service providers. For example, through Google Analytics and Facebook.
Use of Personal Information Collected
We are the sole owners of the information that we collect from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization other than as necessary to fulfill your request.
As set out in particular in Exhibit A attached to this privacy notice, we may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of GCI Outdoor’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our customers is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we have collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing of Personal Information Collected
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter into a contract with such third party that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed for a business purpose only such categories of personal information as set out in Exhibit A attached to this privacy notice. We disclose your personal information for performing a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Google Analytics.
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyze how visitors use the site. Google Analytics uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information in an anonymous form. The anonymous information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for GCI Outdoor only.
We will never use Google Analytics to track or to collect any personally identifiable information. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifiable information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
We use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future across other websites you may visit. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future, you can opt out using Google’s ad personalization settings or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
We also use Facebook custom audiences to deliver advertisements customized to your shopping experience with GCI Outdoor. We do not share any of your personal information with Facebook. If you do not wish to be a part of these custom audiences, you may update your Facebook advertising preferences.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Surveys, Contests and Giveaways
Your Access To and Control of Your Personal Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You, or if you are a California Resident, your legally authorized representative can submit a request to do any of the following at any time by contacting us via our contact form or phone number (860.345.9595):
- Access the personal information collected by us, if any, over the past 12 months.
- Correct any personal information we have about you.
- Have us delete any personal information we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your personal information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. If you are a California Resident, we will not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request. We may, however, charge a fee to process or respond to your request if is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request of a California Resident within forty-five (45) days of its receipt, and if we require more time (up to 45 days), we will inform you if you are a California Resident of the reason and extension period in writing.
Any disclosures we provide to you or, if the request was submitted by an authorized agent for a California Resident, such authorized agent, will only cover the 12-month period preceding the date of your verifiable request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
If you are a California Resident, once we receive and confirm your or your authorized agent’s verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you or your authorized agent:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased and for each category identified, the categories of third parties to whom we sold that particular category; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained and for each category identified, the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed that particular category.
For access or data portability requests by or on behalf of a California Resident, we will provide your personal information in the manner you choose at the time of submitting the request.
Once we receive and verify a request to delete from you, or to the extent you are a California Resident, your authorized agent, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our, and their records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, fulfill the terms of a written warranty, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal lawful uses of that information compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive personal information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive personal information transmitted online, we also protect your personal information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personal information. The computers/servers in which we store personal information are kept in a secure environment.